Aug 22, 2011

I Love Family Day!

Family Day at Rhodes Grove is one of my favorite Sundays of the year! Yesterday, we enjoyed a combined worship service in the Meadows Conference Center followed by a delicious meal in the dining hall. Then from 1-3, we had run of the grounds. Here's a list of some of my favorite things from yesterday's event:
  • Gathering as a single body for worship. Don't get me wrong...I am not opposed to multiple worship services. I also enjoy having the opportunity to put everyone together from time to time.
  • Enjoying a whole-church meal with no prep or cleanup. The staff at Rhodes Grove puts on a delicious meal for very reasonable prices.
  • Spending time together. When it comes to building relationships and enjoying each other, there's just no substitute for time.
  • Watching people interact. It's always neat to see a few new friendships emerge out of this event.
  • Baptism. There's just nothing like celebrating what God has done in people's lives through Baptism!
  • FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I'm always surprised to see how fast the day goes by. Can't wait for next year already!

No comments: