Jul 17, 2008

What a Relief!

Tonight, my family and I are going to see the Orioles play the Tigers at Camden Yards. But it didn't happen without some uncertainty.

When we came up with the idea a few months ago, I went online to buy tickets. That's when I discovered the service charge. Ticketmaster was going to charge $5 for each ticket!

I just could bring myself to pay $20 for the privilege of buying already overpriced tickets to a baseball game. But what other option did I have?

I decided to wait and purchase the tickets at the ballpark. But would there be tickets when I arrived?

Thankfully, both the Tigers and the Orioles are struggling this year. So when I walked up to the ticket boot on the north side of the warehouse, I had no problem getting 4 tickets...with no service charges.

Now, I'm still a little miffed at the idea of paying $52 for us to see a ballgame (especially after enjoying the same game in Harrisburg for $12 last Saturday), but I'm glad I waited. Saving $28 on tickets more than covers the $14 we'll pay for Fort McHenry today.

There's just one more thing to say... Go O's!

No comments: