Apr 7, 2010

The Journey Continues

On Sunday, I received an iPod Touch as a gift. Since then, I've been enjoying discovering a variety of very useful apps...like Whack-a-Mole and Paper Toss. But I've also found a free Bible Reader app that I've found helpful as well. It allowed me to download the translation of my choice for use when offline, and provides multiple locations when I have wi-fi access.

But the best part (so far) is that it gave me the ability to connect with the Bible Reading Plan of my choice. Now, all I have to do is open the app and start reading. The device does all the remembering for me. And, as long as I have my Touch and a wi-fi connection, I can spend that time with God wherever I am. That sounds lazy. But yesterday, it proved helpful.

On the way to the office, I discovered I had a tire going flat. That took me to Shetron's Tire at 7:30 am. Unfortunately, they don't open until 8. Was I stuck? No! Across the street there is a laundry mat...with wi-fi access. And since I had my Touch, I could spend that half hour talking with God instead of mumbling to myself. I call that a win.

No comments: