Feb 11, 2009

What's in it for me?

It seems that lots of people want a hand-out these days. Banks...car manufacturers...the list goes on and on. In this environment, fighting the urge to feel that I "deserve" something is getting increasingly difficult.

Then I turn to God's Word. There, I'm reminded that I don't want what I "deserve". I'm reminded that my provision has nothing to do with government bailouts. I'm reminded that my reward has nothing to do with anything in this world.

Instead, I've been given the incredible gift of God's grace. My provider is God, the One who made, owns, and sustains every resource both visible and invisible. And my reward is Christ. Therefore...

I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.

That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.
(Psalm 27:4-5)

No comments: