Jan 8, 2009

Climbing Back on the Wagon

About two months ago, I fell off the exercise wagon. After almost two years of regular exercise, I stopped. Why? Actually, I needed too for about a month by doctor's orders. The other month, I was just lazy.

As last year closed, a couple of you graciously asked about my goal to get under 300 lbs by the end of 2008. I didn't make it. I didn't even get close. The last time I checked, I was stuck at about 312.

But, on Tuesday morning, I went back to the gym. I worked up the courage and stepped on the scale. After two months away during the Thanksgiving-Christmas seasons, I was expecting bad things.

I added 60 extra pounds to the scale before I stepped on, confident I hadn't gained that much. Much to my surprise, the scale balanced out at 312. That confused me. So I got out the measuring tape. Neck, chest & waist measurements were also the same as before I fell off the wagon.

So, I'm setting the same goal for this year. I want to get under 300 lbs. this year. Last year I lost 12, so if I can stay on that pace, I will be successful. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: