Nov 26, 2008

A Day in DC

Washington DC is my favorite day trip. I can be there in a couple hours. I love the history, the architecture, the politics, pretty much everything.

Yesterday, I spent the day with a great old friend whom I haven't seen in years. we rode the train to Arlington National Cemetery to witness the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. What an amazing ceremony!

We also went to the National Archives, the National Portrait Museum and the newly opened Museum of US History. All three are great stops that will require additional trips to fully explore.

The other goal for the day was to eat food I can't find in Franklin County, PA. We decided on an Indian restaurant on 7th Street. We both ordered the lamb lunch special. Frankly, I'm not sure what it was, but it was absolutely delicious.

It was a great day. Thanks Dave!

No comments: